Saturday, April 5, 2008

New hair cut



Since moving to Denver, there are a couple of things that I noticed as being hard to find. First, unlike the Dallas area, I have not seen very many donut shops around. It seems that most people get their donuts from the grocery stores. To this day, I have not seen a single Dunkin' Donut shop in the various routes to and from work. Second, I wanted to get a hair cut, and just like the donuts, I have seen only two places with the red-blue-white spiral signs aka barber shops. One place I went to last month was closed, even though the sign on the window said they were open for business. Later, I found a Super Cuts, and thought that this would be ok, how hard could it be to cut what little hair I had?!! I asked her to give me a tapered hair cut. But when it was finished, she obviously didn't know what I meant! She hardly used the hair clipper, and used mostly the scissors which resulted in what looked like a blunt cut on the ends. Fast forward a month later. Today, I decided to go to the second barber shop that I have found. I walked in, and there were four barbers, all African American, and there were 4 African Americans being Afro'ed, and four more people waiting. I decided to give it a try. See the results for yourself.

No comments: