Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A few more days in Denver, then HOME for the rest of the year!

This weekend Jan and I will be driving home (yes, driving) so we don't have to rent a car back in Texas. We also will be able to bring stuff home, and later, to bring a few more stuff from home such as our pressure cooker. It would be costly to pay AA baggage fees to do all that nowadays.

And to add to that joy, I also received my repaired Mac from Apple yesterday. Recall the efficient service Apple provided to me a couple of years ago, and then to Steph just last year? Well, I must say that Apple Company service is still a gold standard for any company to follow. I called about the "dead" MacBook, and the next day an empty shipping box arrived, with labels attached for shipping, and the tapes to seal it.  They even provided the FEDEX instruction for them to pick it up. Less than a week later, the computer that I am using to type this blog is that repaired MacBook.  It looked brand new.  I forgot how user friendly a Mac is after using my trusty Dell 710m for a few years. 

I tried to install Window XP with BootCamp Assistant, and before doing so the instruction said to print out the installation guide. I clicked print, and it immediately knows that my printer (networked) is the Samsung CLP300N, and without fuzz or complain, printed the BootCamp direction. No driver installation needed. Not so with Win XP or Vista.

Window install on the other hand is not yet successful, not because of the Mac but because Window install is a pain in the *#% and I plan to try it again later. My score so far is 0 for 2 on that subject. The details is for another blog topic.

2 comments:

The Nugen's said...

I asked Dr. Allen about the Parallels I was telling you about and he said you could borrow those cd's. I will get them from him for you.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love them Macs!