Sunday, December 7, 2008

Taking it apart

Flash Update: Apple is sending a box for me to mail it back to them so they can fix it under warranty. Hooray!

Got my broken MacBook back a couple of days ago. The battery was totally discharged, so I plugged it in and let it charge until it was 100%. I then turned the power on, and the screen lit up, and I got a Flashing Folder icon with a question mark and it stayed powered on. I thought to myself, "aha!", the logic board is really not bad, since it knows that there is no hard drive (I removed it before sending it out for the failed repair). So I powered it down and installed the hard drive, but sadly, it was back to staying powered on with or without hard drive.



I then started to ponder a bit and checked Apple's website. I entered my MacBook serial, and it was still under warranty till September 2009.

I think I am going to call them when I get back to Dallas and have them fixed it soon. In the mean time, I thought I would try one more time to fix it. I check and clean every part of the main chassis and try again to see if it would fix itself. See the picture I've posted.

After I made sure everything looked ok and clean, I put everything back together, and the laptop still will not power up. I am missing something simple here, but darn it, I don't know why it booted up to the folder icon ONCE and now it won't do that anymore.

1 comment:

The Nugen's said...

Bummer. At least it is still under warranty.

Teddy's sister-in-law wants an ibook or macbook. Let me know if you find a cheap, broken one you can fix for her and I will let her know. Thanks!