Tuesday, December 2, 2008

MacBook Saga continues

I got a phone call from the repairman Greg yesterday, and he said: "The logic board is burned up pretty bad, he can't fix it, but .... for a mere $450.00 he'll replace it, including labor and shipment." I asked him to ship it back to me un-repaired in the same condition as I had it shipped to him.

I didn't like the sound of his explanation, since his premise was $200 if he can fix it, or he'll return it to me (at my cost to ship it back, which I understood and expect to). I have previously taken my logic board off from my MacBook, and I did not see any visible damage. So I went back to his eBay advertisement and check out the people that gave him good ratings (the past 2 months). Via email, I wrote to about half dozen or so respondents and explained my situation and how do they got their Macs fixed up. I received responses from 5 people, and guess what, every one of them were baited and switched. They all paid him $350 - $450 to get their Macs working again. Now, on the surface I think that they got their Macs repaired for cheaper cost than Apple would have charged them, BUT, I think this fellow Greg need to be upfront in coming out and say that he'll replace the logic board for a price, instead of advertising that he can fix it for $200.00

So, I still do not have a working MacBook, yet!

3 comments:

The Nugen's said...

Bummer dude! My money is on you that you will find a way to fix it yourself! ;)

Anonymous said...

You should ask them all to modify their feedback to include that information so that it doesn't just come from you when you post yours!

Stephanie said...

Yes, they should modify their feedback to say what actually happened.