Sunday, November 30, 2008

November Thirty - Hooray !!!!!

Genesis - and the Finish Line

In the summer of 1985, my work in Boston (actually Sudbury), MA was coming to an end. With the cut back of the SDI program budget, many of my co-workers were getting laid off. The development of this program, as I mentioned previously was eventually terminated altogether Later that summer I went on a job interview in Texas, all expenses paid. When I arrived in Dallas and proceeded to have my interview, I was directly interviewed by a department director who was just promoted to the company VP. His name was Larry J. I was ctually scheduled to see several department managers, but after that one inerview, I was told that he wants me there, and to just name a time that I wan to move. Needless to say, instead of having an all day interview, I was back at the Dallas airport just after lunch. My return flight to Boston was supposed to be at 5 PM, but somehow I lost track of time, and by the time I realized it, my flight has departed for over an hour. And I was sitting at the gate! The ticket counter person was amused, but they finally managed to get me on to another flight that departed around midnight. To this day, I have no idea how I missed my flight home.

It took me several weeks to decide, and I finally told my future company that I cannot be there until the beginning of the next year. I told them that I was needed by my present company to train my replacement. They agreed, and also after some negotiation, they agreed to ship our two cars, belongings, and paid for our family to fly to Dallas instead of moving ourselves. That was the last move for our family. We moved in January 1986, and have been in Texas since then.

The rest is history, and most of yall know most of it.

4 comments:

The Nugen's said...

miCongrats on finishing!

Anonymous said...

yeah, congrats =D. are you excited?

Breenette said...

I really enjoyed the last posts telling some of your background.
Neat stuff! Thanks for sharing. :)
Congrats on finishing your first NaBloPoMo!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing all 30 days. I think all of your readers are glad you did. And next... 365 posts in 365 days. You wanna? I will if you will.