Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November Four

Chili Contest

I found out yesterday that we're having a chili contest at work. So when I got home, Jan asked Steph for the chili recipe that Steph used and won at least a couple of time in Fort Yukon.

Last night I went shopping for the ingredients and a crock pot, since we didn't bring ours from Texas. I changed the recipe a little bit, omitting certain spices and added chopped green peppers.

Today was the judging, during lunch time, and I won second place. Not bad for a first time chili maker.

3 comments:

The Nugen's said...

I know you took pictures of it...where are they?

Anonymous said...

You would have won first place if you hadn't changed the recipe! Too bad for you!!!!

Living in Denver said...

Oh I lost to a really good tasting chili. Logan made the chili using several different kind of meats (steak, pork, sausage, etc.)in chunks a can of beer, and habaneros. Actually, the green peppers was a it. Everyone commented of that as being the touch.