Thursday, November 13, 2008

November Thirteen



Infomercial

I have no vested interest in this company, but I check this website everyday because of the interesting items they sell. They have everything from obscure computer parts to jewelry and weird stuff. This website sells everything with free shipping, and their prices are almost half the prices of same or similar items you can find elsewhere in the web. For example, the earphone shown cost me just $3.83 with free shipping. I bought this unit a while back, and it is a very good unit. On top of that, twice it went through a complete cycle of wash and dry in the washing machine inside my jeans pocket, and it is still working fine. When my iPhone HOME button quit working, I think I nicked the flexible printed circuit cable that was near the battery pack. Guess what, this website has a replacement piece for for just under $10. I bought it, but then I sold my iPhone for twice the price I got it on eBay. Se la vie. The iPhone 3G car charger shown above is only $3.69 Note that charger for previous generations of iPhones will most likely not work with your 3G phone because Apple decided to abandon Firewire pins charging (12V) and went with USB pins charging (5V) in their docking connector.

If only they also carry a MacBook logic board. I would have ordered it from them and get my MacBook working again. I think that's a bit to far infringement into Apple's proprietary stuff, huh?

Now you're wondering which website, right? Ok here's the link: http://www.dealextreme.com The only catch is that they are located somewhere in Hongkong or China, so it takes about 2-3 weeks to get your order delivered. I use PayPal to pay for my orders so they don't have access to my credit card. I've ordered several different things over a period of time, and they have always fulfilled my order satisfactorily. Now go shopping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer says: Bought a MacBook for myself for my Christmas present yesterday -- yes, I "bought" it myself, though it is technically from Shea and Owen...and no, I won't wait until Christmas to start using it. :) Any chance you can get me Office and that Boot Camp / Windows software for it from somewhere??