Friday, November 21, 2008

November Twenty One

Hungover?

Yesterday we left work early for a Happy Hour and Farewell Dinner to one of my co-worker who is transferring to another program. The dinner place is called Piccolo's, and it is a unique restaurant in that the served Mexican and Italian food. On the table were chips and salsa (Mexican), but also rolls with butter serving portions (Italian).

By the time Jan and I got there, most of my other colleagues were already there, and perhaps on their second pint of Fat Tire Ale. I ordered Osso Bucco with a side of spaghetti, and Jan ordered Pine nut breaded salmon with a side of fetuccine alfredo. The meal was so so, but we have a decent time socializing. My co-workers are all in the twenties and I am not sure if any of them are thirty yet. Needless to say, after the meal was done and we finished our beers, we left.

Today, I went to work, and those that came to the party barely showed up. Two of them called saying they have migraine headache, two of them came in for a few hours then left. I found out that after we left, they went to one of my co-worker's house which is nearby, and have another drinking binge. One guy left his car at the restaurant parking lot, with the intent of getting it back the next day. Well, he never did that and did not show up at work.

1 comment:

The Nugen's said...

Disappointing that some people are so irresponsible, huh? Meant more work for you again too!