Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November Eleven

The battery is now charging!!!!

Ok, here's the latest on my MacBook. I started taking apart the MacBook, all the way to the logic board. It seemed that there was sticky fluid near where the battery connector cable was plugged into the logic board. I carefully clean the dozen or so fine pins of the connector (the other end of the short pigtail battery cable that plugs into the logic board). I also cleaned the mating part, and put that back in after making sure that they are dry. I temporarily plug in the battery pack, and hook up the MagSafe power adapter to the logic board. Guess what, the LED on the MagSafe plug turn from green to orange, indicating it is now charging the battery.

Now I have to put everything back together again, and hopefully the logic board is not damaged and will boot up. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Breenette said...

WOW! What a difference a day can make! Here's hoping that you will have a fully functioning Mac Book when you power it up!

Anonymous said...

Only you could fill up an entire 30 days of blogging with Mac repair information!