Monday, November 10, 2008

November Ten

MacBook Repair

This weekend has been pretty much "wasted" with me searching and googling the internet on trying to find technical information on the MacBook. It seemed that there are quite a few people having problem with their MacBook refusing to power up, some due to water spills, and some that just never woke from the sleep.

I am looking for the battery pinout, and also whether the motherboard has a fuse. There is guy on eBay that claimed 90% success in restoring MacBook with the same symptom as mine for $185.00 That maybe the route I might take, but I haven't had the mindset to do that yet. Somewhere in the deep dungeon of the internet, someone may have posted a solution.

If you know the info, please let me know. I've tried all the Apple tricks including resetting the SMC, NVRAM, etc, but no dice. But I haven't given up on this yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd get references before you sent it off to that guy. You wouldn't want to find out that everyone is actually in the 10%.

Living in Denver said...

I usually look at the seller's eBay rating, and besides I think I am getting close to the problem ... The MacBook is all apart in the spare bedroom, and I think I see where the problem is ... I see corroded connections between the battery and the logic board. I jury rigged the batery for charging off from the laptop, and it took charge. So the battery seemed ok too.