Saturday, November 8, 2008

November Eight

Not much happening today. I began to take apart the MacBook, and inside the unit all looked pristine. No sign of water or dried up fluid at the logic board, keyboard, or optical drive. The bottom part of the hard drive have a little spot of dried up liquid, but not enough to cause problem, as far as I can tell. But in one spot of the inside near the battery contacts, there is this little circle dot that is red. This is how the Apple person can tell if the inside ever got exposed to water. This dot is normally white. I took apart the MagSafe DC-in board hoping to be able to find a telltale fuse, but this thing is so tiny. I cannot find anything that looked like a fuse. Will keep on trying.

Jan is now home after a few days visit in Charleston.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dayna had a post a couple of days ago about a new phone that she bought for her daughter with the red dot exposed. You should take a look at her post if you haven't already.
http://bloggindlife.blogspot.com

Breenette said...

Those stupid stinkin' red dots! Grrr.
Shayna's phone has one - and it has NOT been exposed to water. But I guess a humid day or something has caused it to turn red. Whatever it was it cost me my warranty. Blech. I hate the red dot! haha