Sunday, November 23, 2008

November Twenty Three

Seven More days of NaBloPoMo

The first half was easy, but I too am running out of idea on what to write as the month progresses forward. So todays blog will just be random ramblings. Today I packed up my MacBook, and it will soon be on its way to the eBayer who claimed he can fix it. I also packed up my brother's Dell laptop after adding a Microsoft Office look-alike called OpenOffice ( openoffice.org ). This is a very good program, and in its setting you can configure the software so that it automatically open and save files as MS Office documents, so compatibility should be pretty good, and its free!

Today, I tried using AIM video to chat with Jen who just got herself a new Christmas present, a brand spanking new MacBook. Alas, AIM is NOT compatible with Mac's for video chat. She then downloaded the Mac version thinking it would work, but no dice. So I suggested for her to download Skype, and it worked the first time we tried it. Thanks Skype! So now we can do video chat using Skype, until I get my MacBook working again. By the time this took place, Owen is already in bed, so I didn't get to see him. Jen told said that Owen love doing video chat, so I hope he gets to do this with his cousins in Alaska soon. It would be fun to see him on it, especially since he was in Alaska not very long ago. I wonder what his reaction would be when he sees Jacob, Tobias, and Jamiee.

Yesterday we went to iMax Theater to see the show about "Alaska". The theater is inside the Denver Museum of Natural Science. It was quite dizzying when the camera mounted on an airplane(?) zooms down the mountainous valley. It felt like I am falling of the cliff. We also saw other parts of the museum that are currently exhibiting the dinosaurs. As I was looking at all these, I kept on thinking and wondering if the older grandkids like Jacob and Owen would love to see this exhibits.

On another room, there in an interesting exhibit by a Russian artist that create human like sculpture or figurines using gemstones as the base material. Take a look at the sample picture and the description of materials that this artist use for his sculpture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamiee has that movie at home right now! She got it from Netflix and has been watching it with the boys. They love it, of course.