Friday, November 13, 2009

Motorcycles


When I was just a teenager back in Indonesia, I had a small two-stroke bike made by a company called Zundapp. So I searched the internet and here's one that looked almost like mine, a Zundapp Super Combinette circa 1960, with 50cc engine. I don't remember how I got this bike, but I've taken apart my bike countless of times, and did all kind of repair work myself. Notice that the bike has no foot pedals, but in instead it has a crank pedals like a bicycle. Here's a link to avideo if you want to hear how it sounded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkFIUo536eI

A few years ago, I bought a used Honda motorcycle from a co-worker. It was a classic and unique bike with drive shaft instead of chain, an Ascot Vt500, with only 6000 miles on the odometer. Look at the beautiful picture below. The one I have is the red one, just like you see here, and it has a front shield like the black one. I think

1 comment:

Brian in AK said...

Of all the things I've done, I have never ridden a motorcycle. And it's something I really want to do. Over the next few years, I think I'll be looking for an older, smaller motorcycle to buy and ride. In the summer.