Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"She's With Me!"

My mother passed away in January and she was not a believer. So I spent the last 3 weeks of her life praying by her bedside that the Lord would give me the courage and words to share the gospel with her. In her last week of life, I got some guidance from my pastor and he gave me the courage and the words to say. So I shared with my mother some of the wonderful things Jesus had done in my life. But I had to tell her in English - she didn't speak English! I wasn't sure if she got it.

After she passed away, I continued to pray that God would intercede and have mercy on my mother and take her to heaven. For 4 months I continued to pray for His intercession and mercy and wonder if my mother was in heaven. Then one Sunday morning just before Mother's Day, I was sitting in church listening to a lady sing a solo about how God intercedes for us. While she was singing, I felt this glow and warmth around me and I could see God looking down on me and He said, "She's with me."

2 comments:

The Nugen's said...

Thanks for sharing Jan! I know you miss her a lot!

Stephanie said...

How wonderful to know that God looks out for us and cares about what we care about. He is very much a personal God - not distant and uncaring. We are so blessed.