Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Supra is still alive

I haven't driven my Supra for almost a year, and the last time I drove it was to get it inspected. The inspection sticker expired in 12/2008. Unfortunately, at that time the place I normally took it to get the car inspected was not able to do the job because their dynamometer was down. Mine is a 1994 with 140K miles so it just missed the cut off date for inspection without dyno test. I think 1995 and newer are exempt because the car's internal computer logs the car performance as it is being driven. So I took it to another place, and they too couldn't do that inspection because some bozo in the shop evidently broke the cable on the pick up tool that sense the engine RPM. So I took it back home and the car sat in the garage for the past year.

Yesterday, I hooked up my battery charger to the dead batteries and today I checked it. After a little cranking action, the car fires back just fine. I put some air in the soft tires, drove it around the block and all seemed to be fine. I am glad this is going well. At least the next time I come home for the Christmas break, I maybe able to get it inspected and have a back up car to run around with.

No comments: